The Macedon Ranges Film Society (MRFS) meets on the second Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. in the Woodend Community Centre. The screening of each film is followed by supper.
The MRFS is a membership-based club and is therefore unable to sell tickets for one film only.
We are an incorporated, not-for-profit organisation.
We do not operate as a usual cinema but as a club and the following describes how your annual membership fee of $65 is spent. As a club, our upfront outlays are hall hire, hire of DVDs plus screening rights, General and Public Liability insurance, membership of Federation of Victorian Film Societies, photocopying and other sundry housekeeping expenses and refreshments. Your modest fee of $65 per year covers these expenses, the viewing of eleven films and many other benefits.
- All films are chosen with a broad interest in mind, ensuring that a wide selection of genres is shown and takes into account films suggested by members.
- A list of films is distributed at the beginning of the year (see 2017 program).
- Informative film notes are provided on every film night.
- An average film length is 90 minutes allowing a relatively early night for locals.
- Films are shown in a cinema-like setting.
- Supper is provided after the film, sometimes by members.
- MRFS has its own film library and all members are welcome to borrow any films for the duration of one month.
- For $65 a year you get 11 films, notes, supper and convivial company.
A sliding fee scale is used if you join at any stage during the year.
For more information, email email@example.com or phone Lorraine
on 5427 0921 or Christine on 5429 5452.
Last updated: 11/3/17